Making your own saffron face mask at home is easier than you can imagine and can add a unique touch to your beauty regimen. Saffron is known for its powerful antioxidant properties, its ability to reduce inflammation and skin-brightening effects so is a great way to get more health benefits out of your treatment routines.
Making your own saffron face mask
So , lets get started with our recipe for a quick to make, DIY saffron face mask:
Before you start, remember it’s always recommended that you perform a patch test on a small area of skin before using the mask to make sure
you have no allergies or reactions to the contents of the mask. Additionally, before experimenting with new skincare products, it’s also a good idea to speak with a dermatologist if you have any pre-existing skin disorders or concerns.
Step 1: Collect your ingredients
- A tiny pinch of high-quality saffron threads (approximately 5 threads).
- 1 tablespoon of quality honey.
- A few drops of rosewater (optional).
Step 2: Prep the saffron
- Carefully grind your saffron into a powder using a pestle and mortar.
Step 3: Combine the ingredients:
- Mix your saffron powder with the raw honey in a small bowl.
- Add a couple of drops of rose water for its antibacterial and calming properties (no more than half a teaspoon otherwise it will be too runny).
- Thoroughly stir the mixture to ensure it contains a uniform distribution of saffron threads.
Step 4: Application
- Make sure your face is clean and clear of makeup before applying the mask.
- Apply the saffron mask evenly to your face and neck using clean hands, taking care not to drop any of the mixture as saffron can cause a yellow stain!
- Take care to avoid touching the sensitive area near your eyes.
Step 5: Relax
- Once the mask is on, take a moment to unwind, keeping the mask on for around 10 minutes.
Step 6: Wash your mask off
- Use lukewarm water to gently wash the mask off after the advised amount of time has passed.
- You might want to gently exfoliate your skin by massaging the mask off with a soft facecloth or by using your fingertips in circular strokes.
Final Step: Don’t forget to moisturise!
- Apply your favourite moisturiser to your skin after removing the mask to seal in moisture.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
Where to buy saffron?
Sara Saffron offer a full range of premium quality, authentic saffron for incredible freshness, deep colour, pungent aroma and superb flavour. In our expert opinion this is the finest saffron you can buy.
Our award winning saffron comes direct from the best farms in the Middle East and includes Pushal, Negin, Super Negin and Organic saffron.